Thursday, March 19, 2009

Like a box of chocolates...

I never know what I'm going to get when I ride Lester. Sometimes he's like a truffle - he's so soft and light in my hands and chewy on the bit. And then other times he's like that "looks great on the outside", but is like that unexpected tart/ bitter orange crap that makes you wish you never took a bite of! I'd say most days he's like one of those chocolates that has a nougat in it, still good, but you were hoping for a gooey center:-)

Have I said yet how much I love this boy's canter?! He has moments of self carriage and roundness that it's hard for me to believe he has any problems sometimes. It's like OMG "THIS" is my horse. The other night I was trotting him and he just decided to strut and do a lengthening! And if was effortless for him. Had a nice canter too. Course this is all going left:-) I've had him on MSM for about a week now. I was in Kroger and saw a HUGE bottle of MSM pills and bought it for him- so I got to crush 190 pills, I like to do things the hard way, lol. I figured if I at least got him on it that I would remember to order the powder kind. Course I still haven't done that and the girls are running out of dog food too....

Thank you all for the kind words regarding Moose. She was indeed a once in a lifetime horse and very special. She was a dream come true and she taught me so much. I have visited her through several animal communicators over the years and they all pick up on the same thing. She is an old soul that was like a mother figure to me. Once when I was at a job interview and was pretty nervous not thinking I was qualified, Moose popped into my head and gave me strength to get through it...a few months later when I spoke to an AC she said "Moose sends inspiring messages to you -To go for it!" all the time:-)

9 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I liked the analogy about Less being like a box of chocolates.
That's pretty amazing what the AC said about Moose and how she is still with you when you need her.

SunnySD said...

What a great description - I've never really loved Forrest Gump (the movie), but a wonderfully apt way to say what we've all experienced a time or two. Bitter, orange & nasty days, indeed - LOL! You have a way with words :)

cdncowgirl said...

OMG I have never thought about it that way but the box of chocolates analogy works!

I remember reading about Moose when you first posted about her, it made me smile to know that she was so special and yet Lester is also super special.

allhorsestuff said...

Oh Denise...love the "running to you" picture of your Less!!
Since Wa has a big ol field..she has not come to me yet. I am kinda sad and yet very happy too.

I love the mystery box of Chocolates -horses we have. I do often read about many people here in Bloggerville, that have the "all gooey centers" ALL the time. Sometimes I want that consistancy for myself. I have the sometimes white, sometimes dark, sometimes milk chocolate horse. You know.
We jsut have to love them and be thankful for the priveledge of having them I believe!
Kac

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

I always say everyday is a new day with my horse, doesn't matter if she had a hard school the day before or a week off, it is always a mystery!

Unknown said...

Good for you!

You do know that MSM come in powdered form, right?... LOL! Just kidding!

Thanks for your comment - I was kind of conflicted about the apology Juli thought I owed him one, I didn't but could see her point, it made a good jumping off point for a conversation about that weekend though. So it worked out.

SunnySD said...

Looking forward to the up-coming Arabian post :) I'm glad to hear someone else's ponies aren't chronically shiny & immaculate - all horses must occasionally get dirty & sport some wintertime fuzz, right? - LOL!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

heheh! This post made me smile. Very clever comparing Less to chocolates. And so true, too.

Here's to a box of chocolate full of creamy gooey fudge filled truffles, my friend! Come on now, Less, you can deliver! :)

~Lisa

Melanie said...

LOL!!! Not to sound like a broken record, but horses are rather like a box of chocolates, aren't they???

I think you should do a post about AC's. That would be interesting, and I like the thought that Moose is your old soul/guardian angel. :)