Tuesday, October 30, 2007

It's Fall

Isn't he handsome? :-) And to think it's only been 5 months since I almost lost him? :-( I still can't believe how lucky we are and have been. Since Lester's surgery I have had 2 online friends lose their horses to a similar colics:-( It's just such an unpredictable sickness. I know he could colic any day, any time, as he's at a higher risk to do so now, but I am so thankful for the time we've been given back, no matter how long. I really try to let the little things go now and just enjoy him. Unfortunately he thought he was "retired" and resents the little work I ask him to do :-p But he and I are both out of shape and getting fat and that just can't happen. So I gave him a wake up call and reminded him that he can still be a fancy dressage pony. In my plight to decided whether to keep riding him or not I've allowed him into a bad habit of stopping before we get to a turn, and boy did he catch on to that quick! I really didn't want him to do a lot of circles and he agreed:-p
Now it wouldn't be Lester if he didn't try and eat the tree, right? He's not the best "subject" when it comes to taking photo's outside of his stall- too many things he could eat and he gets distracted easily. But I did manage to snap a few good ones before he went looking for food...

1 comment:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Despite our unluckiness with Lester and Katie this year, we seem to have lucked out with such good recoveries. I'm just so glad things are going well.

Jen