Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Continued Jingles for John~

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and jingles...After the surgery was complete they encountered some bleeding difficulties that extended the procedure until about 11pm last night. (The surgery started around 7:30 that morning) At that time the surgeon told Laura he was stable but they want to keep him under heavy sedation and in ICU for a couple of days.
It was a LONG day for Laura and I'm kicking myself for not going and staying with her yesterday:-( She and I used to be roommates, along with 7 dogs :-) I knew if I had asked if she wanted me to come along she would have said no, so I should have just gone... but I went to the farm last night about 9pm to stay and be the night watchman- hay the horses one last time and let the dogs potty one last time before bed.

So more Jingles for John and hang in there Laura!

10 comments:

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Thanks for the update!

Jen

Maria Peters said...

Wow. That's a long surgery, and the Peters household is jingling. Thank you for letting us know. Please give Laura our best wishes. I am sure that you are giving Laura peace of mind, knowing that her home and animals are in great hands.

Melanie said...

Sending all of the jingles I can possibly muster John's way!!

Open heart surgery is really quite the procedure, even with all of the technological advancements in medicine.

Hang in there John and Laura! :)

Zan said...

Everyone at our house continues to jingle. Thanks for letting us know. Please tell Laura that we are thinking of both her and John.

Laura said...

Oh wow - hope he pulls out of that ok. That is a long surgery...

Sientay L said...

Lots of jingles for John. I just found out about the surgery from Pam on the SEGA list. I didn't know he wasn't well. Thanks for the update. Hugs to Laura.

cdncowgirl said...

I'm sure Laura appreciated you taking care of the homestead for her.
*jingles*

Bartow Peach said...

Big Jingles to John and Laura. Times like these can be exhausting physically and mentally. Having friends take over the slack during trying times has got to take a lot of pressure off of them.
I'll keep them in my thoughts.
L, M

greytblackdog said...

we all jingle here in south ga. you know sometimes doing all the stuff at home is more help than being at the hospital. my dad spent a lot of time in the hospital when i was growing up so i know how helpful it was to my mom to have someone watching things at home. keep us posted.

allhorsestuff said...

Praying with a jingle on the end!
You are a fantabulous friend!