Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday...

I realized and my mom also pointed out that I said nothing about how the laser procedure was :-p Spooky was able to lay down during it and we had to dampen her hair a little because the vet tech said otherwise we would smell her hair burning 8-o But I didn't smell any burning hair. It was very quick, I would say less than 10 minutes. It was a K-Laser, it's hand held and has a "pen" like instrument to apply the treatment. Yes we both had to wear goggles, Spooky didn't, but I kept my hand over her eyes. It didn't seem to bother Spooky at all, she turned to look a couple of times, but didn't try to get away, if she felt anyting it was just heat I was told.
Spooky and I got home around 7:30 last night, long day for her:-) I brought her back to work with me after the vet's and left her in my car, she's used to it and happy enough in there. After work I had to make a few stops, farm and stopped at 2 stores. I got puppy pads, canned pumpkin, yogurt, another kong and some chewies for Limo. Limo has yet to break into her new bone, she just prances around with it and buries it in blankets.
The puppy pads are interesting, but I wonder if they are too "attracting" and a false sense of security for me? She nailed all 3 I put in her X pen over night, well she hit the pad and some of her bedding as well. I still don't know her schedule. But I think I'm going to make it every 3-4 hours and allow her to have more water.
Last night I laid her on a dog bed near me while we watched TV for 2 hours. She slept alot. I rubbed the areas that the Holistic vet recommended, that really thin skin in the hock area (during the acupunture she stuck the pin right THROUGH that area :-) and a place about 2 inches below her hind knee (I don't know how else to say it). She was fast asleep. I also stimulated her toes. I pinched them enough so she would retract them some and she did on both, even on the left side which she was laying on.
I allowed an accident this AM, I got her up to put her blanket on and then remembered I still had to get the bed out of the dryer and put it in the car. When I returned she had pooped:-( I had even her 2 oppurtunitties with in the last 2 hours, but I guess when you have to go you have to go. She can get up on her own, lay down on her own and turn around on her own, she even tried to nest her bed last night.
I brought her to work with me and so she's out in the car. She has her snuggler on and I have the car on and the heat still running for her, but I'll turn it off as soon as the sun hits the car or it gets warmer. She is a warm dog by nature so I am not too worried. I also think now it is important for her to go places that aren't the vets. Lester is getting shoes today so in order to keep with my knew 3-4 hour plan I had to bring her. Plus I think the back of my CR-V is more comfortable then a crate and it's much easier to lift her from:-)
My back is still holding strong, knock on wood! Just muscle soreness, I don't think I'm using my back as badly as I think I might be....

No comments: